Year-round Swimming on the Lizard Peninsula, Cornwall
Current water temperature 17ºC
(taken on 13/5/22)
Swimming at Trevassack Lake
With its sheltered, peaceful location and clean, fresh water, Trevassack Lake is lovely for open water swimming, all year round.
Whether you’re a recent chlorine convert or have plenty of experience in Cornwall’s wild waterways, we’d love to welcome you to Trevassack Lake. Whilst in the water, marked areas will guide you to swim where suitable for your session, be it a quick dip or triathlon training around the lake’s edge.
For afterwards we have changing rooms, warm showers and toilets available for use, included in your price. A café will soon be on site, perfect for warming up with a coffee and cake after your swim!
By swimming at Trevassack Lake, you’ll not only spend time immersed in nature, reaping the benefits that wild swimming can bring to your mental and physical health, you’ll also be supporting the work of Children’s Sailing Trust to create affordable and accessible watersports in Cornwall for all.
Open Water Swimming Session | Sundays 09:00-10:00
Supervised swim session, ideal for competent long-distance swimmers and maintaining your training regime.
£5 per session
- 60 minute slot – entry anytime
- Wetsuits strongly recommended due to the distance from entry/exit points
- Towfloats strongly recommended
- Bright swim hat compulsory
- Swimmers must be confident to swim 400m unaided in open water
- Minimum age 16 years old. U18s must be supervised by an appropriate adult on site
Tuesday, Wednesday & Fridays 09:15-10:00 | Sundays 09:00-11:00
Please note we will soon be offering early morning and evening sessions
Supervised swim session, good for those who want to get in the lake and experience the benefits of outdoor swimming.
£4 per session
- Swimsuits/skins permitted all year round
- Defined area of the lake for a gentler swim and dip
- Minimum age 8 years old (all under 12s to be accompanied in the water by an appropriate adult, all under 16s to be supervised by an appropriate adult on site)
- Supplementary floatation aids or inflatables are not permitted
- Last water entry 15 minutes before session end time
Swimming membership coming in May!
Private sessions, Groups & coaching
Coached, specialised open water sessions are available through one of our partners:
SureSwim Kernow caters for all swimmers from beginners to established competitors. They can provide 1:1 – 1:2 or group coached sessions to improve open water swimming technique and stamina at Trevassack Lake.
Further swimming options and membership at Trevassack Lake to follow shortly.
If you have an open-water swim group, get in touch with email@example.com to chat about how we can welcome you to Trevassack Lake.