Equipment Hire: Booking T&Cs
When hiring CST equipment please note you are agreeing to the following:
• Equipment hire is subject to availability and weather.
• All equipment requests and water users are required to sign in at reception before launching. Equipment is not allowed to be passed between separate groups.
• Equipment hire costs are for a minimum of 1 hour and then per 1/4hr thereafter. Any hire period that exceeds the pre-payment must be settled before leaving site.
Any over payment is not eligible for refund or credit.
• All hirers are to ensure they have received the Water Safety Brief by a CST Staff member before going afloat.
• All users must adhere to the CST Code of Conduct and Trevassack Lake Safety Policy (available to view on the Activity Noticeboard).
• CST maintain third party liability insurance for all CST equipment. CST cannot take any liability for personal injury or other damages unless proved negligent.
• Any loss of or damage to equipment (excluding natural wear and tear) will be the responsibility of the hirer to cover, up to a maximum £500
Please note paddles (kayaks & SUPs) have a possibility of sinking.
It is the hirers responsibility to ensure the paddle stays with theuser of the craft at all times.
• The minimum competencies for equipment hire are as follows (these will restrict further in unfavourable conditions):
Paddlesports (kayak & SUP) – no previous experience required
Sailing – RYA Stage 3 or RYA Level 1
• The number of persons onboard must not exceed the following:
Single SUP – 1 person or 1 adult +1 small child or 2 children
Single Kayak – 1 person or 1 adult +1 small child or 2 children
Double Kayak – 2 persons or 2 adults + 1 small child
Pico/Zest – 2 persons or 1 adult + 2 children
Optimist – 2 children
• Personal Floatation Devices (Buoyancy Aids or non-inflating Lifejackets) are required to be worn by all water users, at all times when on or near the water (CST clothing is included FOC, appropriate to kit being hired).
• Wetsuits: 1 April – 31 October: discretionary to the user. Between 1 November – 31 March: where there is a higher risk of immersion wetsuits are compulsory.
• Leashes must be used on all SUPs.
• Users/Craft must stay in the designated areas and not impede activity sessions taking place.
• All U18s must be supervised by an appropriate adult on site, all U12s must be accompanied by an appropriate adult on the water at all times.
• Users must respect other water users and their enjoyment of the site. Any loud or boisterous behaviour will not be tolerated.
• CST hold the right to close the water, refuse entry or remove persons from the water at any time.